150 Hour Online TESOL Course
This 150 hours TESOL course is suitable for anyone interested in working in the English teaching sector or who would enjoy finding out more on the topic. Millions of people around the world are looking to improve their English skills, and after taking this 150 hours TESOL Course, you will be able to become a certified TESOL/TEFL teacher and begin teaching students all around the world.
This course will give you thorough training in the skills of being an English teacher with practical experience from classroom learning, as well as online units that will make your CV stand out. The course also provides the basic and specialist skills you will need for your TEFL career. This course is an ideal choice for anyone completely new to teaching.
Gain a firm understanding of the theories and practices related to teaching English.
Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
Discover everything you need to know to be a successful English teacher.
Learn essential techniques such as managing a classroom effectively, create inspiring lesson plans, and many more.
Explore various effective ways to teach English abroad
Watch online presentations by WCL tutors
The Westminster TESOL Course will discuss the key skills and knowledge related to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. This course will introduce new topics and continue to build on important aspects related to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Ideal for those wanting to learn the skills and confidence to support those learning English as a foreign language, with the use of practical examples.
Learning Outcomes of The TESOL (TEFL) Trainer Certification:
- Gain the fundamental knowledge of the principles of teaching English as a foreign language
- Discover a wide range of approaches and methods for teaching foreign students
- Develop the practical skills to deliver engaging, informative and inclusive lessons
- Explore the role and responsibilities of a TESOL teacher & understand the challenges teacher and students may face
- Receive an internationally recognised teacher education qualification on successful course completion
- Learn effective methods for teaching the 4 language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Understand the basics of classroom management to create dynamic lesson plans
- Get expert career guidance and understand your job opportunities & requirements for teaching roles
150 hour accredited online training
Tutor Presentations (Videos)
Personal tutor support
Internationally recognized certificate
Downloadable TEFL course book
Letter of reference
Friendly job hunting advice
70+ page Grammar Book
Flexible study schedule
Lesson planning Book
- Principles of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Understanding English Grammar
- Teaching English Grammar
- Teaching English Vocabulary
- Teaching Productive Skills
- Teaching Receptive Skills
- Materials and Aids for Teaching English
- Teaching Pronunciation of English
- Lesson Planning for Teaching English
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Using Resources Effectively When Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
You are assigned a personal tutor as soon as you enrol, who will give you help and guidance through the course as well as mark your assignments and give you personal feedback.
Practicum is an essential component to a teacher’s training process, as it provides valuable insight and experience prior to obtaining independent teaching positions. WCL requires that all students accumulate a minimum of 6 hours for TEFL/TESOL certification. These hours can be achieved through observation, tutoring, student teaching or a combination of 2 or 3 of these in an ESL/EFL setting in which non-native speakers are learning new English language skills.
Our three learning blocks enable us to mark you fairly, using your reflective diaries (6% of your final grade), your assignments (44% of your grade), and your teaching practice (50% of your grade). So regardless of your learning style you will be able to obtain a high score through hard work