Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance (IQA)£290
About this course
The Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF) is intended for those who maintain quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre.
Learners undertaking this qualification will be able to understand the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment and be able to internally assure the quality of assessment.
This qualification covers the following areas:
- the underpinning knowledge and understanding of the principles of and practices of internal quality assurance
- the planning of quality assurance
- evaluation of the quality of assessment; maintenance and improvement of the quality of assessment; managing information relating to the quality of assessment and maintaining robust and legal quality assurance practice.
Who should do this course?
- For individuals who are currently practicing as internal quality assurers or a professional development qualification for managers, HR or quality assurance personnel
- For individuals who are carrying out quality assurance in most learning environments including FE, Adult Continuing Learning, Employers and Third Sector
- For individuals who are carrying out quality assurance in all occupational sectors
- For individuals working in accredited learning OR non accredited learning (where people may assess performance but do not assess for a qualification); the NQF and the RQF
- For individuals who have already achieved some Education & Training or Learning & Development units that can be carried forward into this qualification
- For individuals who have completed some introduction to training qualifications
Achieving the qualification demonstrates the learner’s competence in monitoring assessment processes and decisions within an organisation in addition to helping to maintain and improve the quality of assessment within the work environment.
Learners who achieve this qualification can use it to gain employment and to progress in the industry or to demonstrate formal recognition of their knowledge and skills if already employed.
The qualification is designed to meet the following objectives:
- To confirm the learner’s occupational competence as an internal quality-assurer of regulated work-based qualifications.
- The knowledge required to plan and carry out the quality assurance of monitoring activities defined in their organisation’s quality assurance procedures and in accordance with appropriate external quality assurance requirements.
- The opportunity to demonstrate that their performance in quality assurance of assessment within an organisation or assessment centre meets the National Occupational Standards for planning and carrying out the quality assurance monitoring activities defined in their organisation’s quality assurance procedures and appropriate external quality assurance requirements and the relevant sector skillls council’s assessment strategy.
As this is a knowledge- and competence-based qualification, candidates will be acquiring the knowledge and skills required through on-the-job experience or in a learning environment.
To achieve the whole qualification verifier-candidates need to complete two mandatory units (12 credits):
- FD4A 63: Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
- FD4C 63: Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
Your tutor will conduct a detailed personalised 1:1 initial assessment/interview with you before you begin your Level 4 IQA course. During this interview you will discuss and agree:
- Personal Development Plan
- Skillscan to examine your current work-based evidence already being produced during your regular work activities
- Recognition of Prior Learning, Credit Transfers and/or Exemptions that can be claimed
Unit 1: Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
6 x short essay-style assignments
Assignments can be presented in the format of tables
Work documents can be used in conjunction with theory assignments e.g. IQA reports, policies, procedures, verification records etc
Unit 2: Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
Work documents including:
1 x internal quality assurance plan,
General quality assurance / verification evidence,
IQA observation feedback and report
Evidence of management of all IQA data and standardisation.
You will also need to complete one observation with at least one of the assessors. This can be done via video recording, live observation via Zoom or we can authorise a suitably qualified colleague to complete this on our behalf.
Wherever possible we will work with you to fulfil the assessment criteria using your existing work evidence.