168 Hour Regulated Level 5 TEFL Course (RQF)£399
About this course
The Focus Awards Regulated Certificate in TEFL is at LEVEL 5 and is a flexible alternative to CELTA or Trinity College London Cert TESOL courses but enables you to study at your own pace and at times which suit you.
This course is regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) this means that the UK government has approved the qualification, considering it equivalent to the following: a diploma of higher education (DipHE), a foundation degree, 2 years at university and the CELTA and Trinity CertTESOL qualifications.
The 168 hour Focus Awards Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (RQF) for those who wish to teach English to those who speak other languages. The qualification aims to develop knowledge and skills in a specialist area of teaching, allowing learners to teach English as a foreign language.
This Course leads to an OFQUAL Regulated Focus Awards Level 5 Certificate in TEFL for successful learners.
Qualification Number 603/4150/6 on the OFQUAL Register
For more information click here
What will you learn?
- Teach the four key areas of language acquisition: reading, speaking, writing, pronunciation
- Plan and deliver effective lessons that meet student and class learning objective
- Understand the nuances of teaching English to non-native speakers
- Grasp English grammar terminology and know how to teach it to students of all levels
- Manage classroom and student behaviour effectively in school and business settings
- Find and create effective learning materials, text-based and digital to target language use
- Plan and deliver fun and engaging lessons to young learners
- Grow in confidence as a new teacher to be able to enter your first class either online or abroad
- Search and find the best jobs, online and abroad with the top pick of the jobs
168 hour UK government accredited online training
Tutor Presentations (Videos)
Personal tutor support
Internationally recognized certificate
Downloadable TEFL course book
Letter of reference
Friendly job hunting advice
70+ page Grammar Book
Flexible study schedule
Lesson planning Book
You are assigned a personal tutor as soon as you enrol, who will give you help and guidance through the course as well as mark your assignments and give you personal feedback.
The qualifications have been made available to all without any artificial barriers that deny the access and progression.
With 1.5 billion people wanting to learn English right now the career opportunities are endless! Once you have completed the course you will be qualified to teach English internationally.
You will be qualified to teach:
- Young Adults
In a range of educational settings such as:
- Private English Language Schools
- Business/Corporate English
- Private One-to-One Tuition
The Focus Awards Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (RQF) is internally assessed.
Each learner is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit.
The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio could include;
- Lesson planning
- Written questions
- Teaching Practice
|Principles of Teaching English as a Foreign Language||5||19||5|
|Understanding English Grammar||5||27||5|
|Teaching English Grammar||5||17||2|
|Teaching English Vocabulary||5||10||1|
|Teaching Productive Skills: Speaking and Writing||5||25||4|
|Teaching Receptive Skills: Listening and Reading||5||11||2|
|Materials and Aids for Teaching English||5||9||2|
|Teaching Pronunciation of English||5||16||3|
|Lesson Planning for Teaching English as a Foreign Language||5||11||2|
|Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Young Learners||5||9||1|
|Using Resources Effectively When Teaching English as a Foreign Language||5||14||2|
Ofqual Level 5
OFqual Level 5 TEFL