The purpose of this course is to improve your planning and management skills for teaching English to young children and teenagers.
This is a course that teaches you how to use practical strategies and activities to enable your young learners to learn English with confidence. By the end of the course, teachers will be able to reflect on their existing teaching methods and consider areas for development. Students should be preferably TESOL trained, experienced teachers or students with equivalent qualification.
- The child as a language learner
- Teaching listening to young learners
- Teaching speaking to young learners
- Teaching reading to young learners
- Teaching writing to young learners
- Teaching vocabulary to young learners
- Assessing young learners
- Working with parents of young learners
- key issues in teaching young learners
Completion of high school.
One of the following if you are not an English native speaker
1. High Intermediate level of English or
2. IELTS 6.5
On completion of your course, you will receive a certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners from Westminster College London (WCL) accredited by International TEFL Accreditation Council. In addition to the Westminster College certificate that’s issued, you will receive an additional ITEFLAC certificate. This prestigious certificate is a worthwhile addition to your teaching CV or resume.