Currently there is a huge demand for teachers who are skilled, trained and certified in teaching English, due to the fact that there is a great worldwide desire to communicate in English.
The standard, international qualification for Teaching English to speakers of Other Languages is a TESOL certificate. The WCL Certificate in TESOL is the way for starting a career in teaching English.
– The course combines all you need to master your class teaching and become a successful teacher. It embraces almost all known elements of TESOL, TESL, TEFL programs.
– Our certificate program is authorized to license as well as certify its graduates.
– Our certificate and license are acknowledged and accepted worldwide ensuring job placement in countries which are short of English teachers.
– We have a flexible schedule and minimum requirements for applicants to make their commitments.
– We issue detailed course transcript and qualifications list.
– We help our graduates in job search and recommend schools, colleges, and universities.
You are assigned a personal tutor as soon as you enrol, who will give you help and guidance through the course as well as mark your assignments and give you personal feedback.
- English in the World Today
- In the Classroom
- Language and Communication
- Basic Principles
- Listening and Speaking
- Errors, Correction and Remedial Work
- Assessment and Examination
- Young Children Learning English
- Learning English in the Secondary School
- Teaching English to Adults
- The English Departmment
- The Origins of Language
- Word Formation Process
- The Structure of English Language
- The Null Sunject Parameter
Practicum is an essential component to a teacher’s training process, as it provides valuable insight and experience prior to obtaining independent teaching positions. WCL requires that all students accumulate a minimum of 20 hours for TEFL/TESOL certification. These hours can be achieved through observation, tutoring, student teaching or a combination of 2 or 3 of these in an ESL/EFL setting in which non-native speakers are learning new English language skills.
Our three learning blocks enable us to mark you fairly, using your reflective diaries (10% of your final grade), your online tasks (50% of your grade), and your teaching practice (40% of your grade). So regardless of your learning style you will be able to obtain a high score through hard work.
Completion of high school.
One of the following if you are not an English native speaker
1. High Intermediate level of English or
2. IELTS 6.5
On completion of your course, you will receive a certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from Westminster College London (WCL) accredited by International TEFL Accreditation Council. In addition to the Westminster College certificate that’s issued, you will receive an additional ITEFLAC certificate. This prestigious certificate is a worthwhile addition to your teaching CV or resume.